Solomon Island Holidays – About Us – Testimonials – Terms and Conditions
Solomon Island Holidays is your one stop travel specialist. We can take care of all your arrangements giving you piece of mind.
Formed in 2011, the owners already had a successful business in PNG Holidays, so it was an easy move to start working in the Solomon Islands. Solomon Island Holidays (SIH) is a wholesaler/retailer agency, and it’s parent company is part of the Magellan Travel Group.
We are members of IATA, ATAS and AFTA and are a recommended wholesaler of Tourism Solomons, the official tourism organisation of the Solomon Islands.
Andrew – Sales, Marketing, Website
Andrew lived and worked in Papua New Guinea in the 1990s and always loved the country and the people, so he jumped at the opportunity when it arose to be involved in tourism to help promote this beautiful country. In 2011, he started Solomon Island Holidays after a visit and discovered that the people and country had many similarities. Of course, the Solomon Islands has a lot more potential as it doesn’t have the stigma that PNG has and the people are much more open to tourism. Solomon Islanders are mad keen football supporters so Andrew is in his element each time he visits.
Martin – Owner
Martin has been involved in the Melanesian region since 1990 after working in PNG. He fell in love with the region and has been actively involved since. Martin started PNG Holidays in 2007 and now runs a successful travel agency and Air Charter Operation in Far North Queensland.
Andrew from Solomon Island Holidays was very helpful and provided us with prompt, efficient and competitive price booking for our trip to the Solomons. His knowledge and recommendations should not be taken for granted. I am more than happy to recommend Solomon Island Holidays. Heidi, January 2018, via Facebook
We recently visited Tavanipupu, a very romantic destination. We found the reef had some damage from an earthquake and star fish, but provided pleasant snorkelling. Meals, accommodation, the staff and the lovely setting, were perfect. Getting to these places is an adventure that you would rarely experience. Remote airstrips, followed by the banana boat ride the resort. What could possibly go wrong you ask? Through no fault from anyone but Solomon Air, our first flight was cancelled requiring an overnight stay in Honiara. Honiara is a dump. We would not advise anyone to go there. Filthy, overcrowded, unbearable traffic congestion, dusty, smelly, smokey. Avoid the city and experience the remote areas of this beautiful country. Oh, five days later our missing, thanks to Solomon Air, luggage finally arrived. This is where you need the professional support from agents such as Andrew who with Tavanipupu finally tracked it down and obtained fair compensation for our misfortune. Over many years of visiting the Solomons Andrew has never failed to disappoint with organising our adventures. Pam & Phil, December 2017, via Facebook.
We were absolutely thrilled with our vacation in the Solomon Islands and the terrific support we received from Andrew at Solomon Island Holidays! We feel incredibly grateful to have found Andrew, especially since we had been attempting to organize all of the logistics from the U.S. with very little success. Andrew was helpful, responsive and very accommodating. In addition to booking our trip to the Solomons, Andrew arranged many of our flights and accommodations in Australia. He was prompt and efficient, and even checked in with us throughout the trip to make sure we were aware of any flight changes. We wholeheartedly recommend Solomon Islands holidays!!! Lesley and Dave, July 2017
We travelled out to the Solomon Islands in January of this year after a couple of weeks in Australia. Andrew arranged all our inter island flights, no mean feat given the lack of reliable timetables, general infrastructure and even planes! Andrew also arranged our accommodation in the islands – we had a bit of a disaster in Honiara but that was more of my doing and I should have trusted Andrew’s knowledge and expertise! The islands are truly magical and I would thoroughly recommend them if you love your diving, want somewhere that’s still pretty untouched and have the patience to cope with the unexpected in changes to travel plans. I have no hesitation in recommending Andrew and very much hope to be in touch to arrange another visit in future… you really do need someone who understands the islands to get the best from your trip. Hayley and Paul, January 2017
Thank you for helping to arrange such a great holiday and if you want to use us as a reference I would be happy to oblige! Regards, Adrian and family, Sydney, NSW. December 2015.
Hi Andrew. We enjoyed the Solomons immensely. I was reminded of the way air travel and hospitality once was. Understated, very friendly with no time pressures and everything UNDER commercialised.
I found the accommodation and general services good value for money. We are very aware of the costs associated with running a business in remote areas and I think both John and Karen at Fatboys and Joe and Lisa at Zipolu Habu charge quite reasonably given the economics of the area. The staffing and quality of service at both places was extremely good. Solomon Islands Airlines were surprisingly good given that all their domestic services are managed without recourse to computers. I was reminded of the good old days of TAA and Ansett-ANA and the old hand written passenger manifests. All flights were on time and their international service was as good as anything else we’ve had lately.
Thanks again for helping set all this up for us. Would we go back? Probably. We like this kind of holiday; simple in an exotic environment among good people. Cheers… Roger and Suzanne, Brighton, Victoria. July 2015.
Hi Andrew. Thanks for helping organise our trip.It was fantastic! We would certainly highly recommend staying at Oravae. Regards, Sue & Andrew, Adelaide SA. September 2013.
Hi Andrew. Once again thank you for another fantastic holiday. Our previous trips organized by you, to Tufi, Milne Bay & New Britain were superb holidays. Our recent trip to Morovo Lagoon & the Solomons far exceeded our expectations. Our first stay was at Uepi resort which is a snorkeller’s paradise. Fantastic food, loved the sushi, not to mention the gourmet soups that were a feature of every evening meal…& then the delectable desserts (yummm). We had a very comfortable bed, close to the water in our beach bungalow, we were lulled to sleep each night by the soothing sound of waves gently breaking on the shore. Plenty of privacy, but we really enjoyed meeting the island folk as well as the guests. Happy hour each evening was always a time for recounting the day’s adventures & learning what other guests had done. Grant, Jill & Jason were perfect hosts. As well as snorkelling, we were blown away by the seemingly hundreds of fish varieties of all shapes and sizes. The coral too, was very beautiful. From then on, a great idea would be to spend some time at Wilderness Lodge, as this allows you to experience Morovo Lagoon, after an exciting & breathtakingly beautiful boat transfer.
Once at Wilderness, you have an opportunity to experience local village life, meet the delightful children, jungle walks, local culture, fantastic hospitality with our hostess Raewyna, and her delightful staff. We also visited the coral gardens….. the best we’ve ever seen anywhere. Truly, a 10 star experience…. DO IT NOW! Pam & Phil. Sydney, NSW. May 2013.
- Parties. The parties to this agreement are you and Papua New Guinea Holidays, where “Solomon Island Holidays”, “SOLHOLS”, “SIH”, “SI Holidays’, ”the Company”, “we”, ”our”, or “us” means Solomon Island Holidays ABN 93010687733 and its employees and agents, and “you”, “your”, a “client” or a “Passenger” means any person taking advantage of the services offered by Solomon Island Holidays and any other persons included in a booking through SI Holidays. If you are using the services of a travel agent, the agent deals with SIH as your agent at law, and not as the agent of Solomon Island Holidays.
- Acceptance of Terms & Conditions. The booking of travel arrangements with SIH shall be an acknowledgement that either you (or your travel agent as your agent) have read and accept these terms and conditions.
- Quotes. The Solomon Islands is a developing country and internet connections and computer access is intermittent across many towns and regions. SIH has an amazing network of suppliers across the entire country however contacting them to confirm bookings is challenging and comes at a considerable cost in time and telecommunications. As such, SIH commits to providing an estimate for all your Solomon Islands travel, tour and accommodation requirements – as advised to us – free of charge. Subsequent amendments to estimated arrangements or additional estimates may be provided subject to payment of our non-refundable standard quotation fee of AUD150.00 per estimate which will be deducted from your confirmed booking’s final invoice.
For more comprehensive and detailed quotes required in the first instance encompassing various destinations that will take a large amount of time for us to prepare, our quotation fee will be advised at time of your enquiry and we will require payment of this non-refundable fee before any work is done which will be deducted from your confirmed booking’s final invoice.
- Website Validity & Accuracy. SIH has sought the accuracy of all information provided on the website, however we will not accept responsibility for any errors, either arising from printing or typographical errors, changes since website construction, or otherwise, and you agree not to hold us responsible for such matters.
- Pictures, maps hotel locations: Maps in the brochure or website are provided as general information only and are only an approximate guide. Maps are not to scale. All photographs are protected by copyright and may not be saved, copied or published unless given permission in writing by the owner.
- Hotel rooms, bedding and other descriptions. Hotel descriptions, room photographs and any facilities featured are based on information available at the time of construction, are subject to change. The bedding guide is indicative only, and is subject to change without notice and to reservations at the hotel and/or other circumstances beyond our control. Prices are based on existing bedding in the room. Any requests for alternative arrangements are to be made at the time of making your booking. Such requests will be subject to availability and may incur additional charges. SIH does not own or operate any hotels or other accommodation and makes no representation or warranty as to hotel descriptions and features or the availability, cost or standard of bedding arrangements, and you agree not to hold SIH responsible for any such matters.
- Standard of Services. Standards of service on your holiday are based upon factors outside of SIH’s control. SIH does not own nor operate the airlines, cruise lines, hotels, sightseeing, transfer, vehicle hire services and the like whose transport, accommodation, meals or other services you may receive on your holiday, and SIH makes no warranty or representation as to the standard of fitness for the purpose of such services, and you agree not to hold SIH responsible for such matters.
- Destination: SIH makes no warranty or representation as to the safety, weather and requirements of any overseas country or governmental authority, overseas laws and policies or matters. You should obtain your own travel advice from, but not limited to, such sources as the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- Changes in Price, Holiday Itineraries and other variations: The nightly cost price indicator is a guide only and is based upon the lead in (cheapest) room available for purchase through SIH. Not all available room categories at that hotel may fall into that price indicator range. Except where expressly noted otherwise, prices are in Australian Dollars and are subject to change without notice. Currency fluctuations may affect the price of your booking. SI Holidays reserve the right to adjust its prices as necessary at any time. SI Holidays also reserves the right to pass on any costs imposed by airlines for ticketing, plus a service fee, GST and other imposts. Government taxes and charges imposed by third parties are also subject to change, and SIH reserves the right to pass on such charges. Any verbal estimate of price is an estimate only which will be subject to a written confirmation. The price of your holiday will not be finalised until full payment has been received and processed by SIH. You should be aware that airlines, cruise lines, hotels, sightseeing, transfer, vehicle hire services and the like make schedule and other changes beyond SI Holidays’ control and you agree not to hold SI Holidays responsible for such matters. If circumstance requires us to make changes to your holiday, we reserve the right to cancel or reschedule departures and itineraries. Where it is necessary to change a hotel we reserve the right to substitute accommodation of at least a similar standard.
- Deposit & Balance of the Holiday Price: No monies shall be received by SI Holidays until we are in the possession of cleared funds. A minimum non-refundable deposit of $300 (inclusive of GST) per person is payable within seven (7) days of confirmation of your reservation for land content. Additional monies may be required for any instant purchased airfares and/or other services. SI Holidays reserves the right to cancel your booking without notice to you if the payment of the deposit has not been received by SI Holidays within the time prescribed. SI Holidays requires payment of the balance of monies due no later than forty-five (45) days prior to departure, unless otherwise specified. In the event the balance of monies due is not received by SIH by the due date, SI Holidays reserves the right to cancel the booking without notice to you and to apply the appropriate cancellation charges. All package prices quoted are based on payment being made in cash. An additional 1.5% credit card service fee will be applied to the dollar amount paid by credit card (except American Express which is 3.5%). Payment by bank deposit through an international or intermediary bank will incur additional fees and will be borne by the payee. SI Holidays will seek any monies short paid by overseas transactions.
- Late Bookings: Bookings made within forty five (45) days of departure will only be accepted if full payment is received by SI Holidays at the time of reservation.
- Cancellations, Alterations, Refunds and Reissues: Prior to Final Payment: If you cancel your holiday at any time you will forfeit your deposit and may also forfeit any deposits paid to third parties. After Final Payment: In addition to forfeiting your deposit you may liable for cancellation fees charged by airlines, cruise lines, hotels, sightseeing, transfers, vehicle hire services, and the like, amounting to all or a portion of monies paid. Cancellations within 30 days of your departure will result in loss of all monies paid. Once your holiday has commenced, no refund whatsoever is available for a cancellation after the date of commencement of the holiday package, or in respect of any itinerary item, fares, accommodation or any other service not utilised. Land Only Service Fee: A service fee of $50.00 (exclusive of GST) per booking may be applied. Land only bookings must include a minimum of one night’s accommodation or one days’ car hire. Sundries Fee: At SI Holidays absolute discretion, and regardless of whether a reservation is made, a service fee of $50.00 (exclusive of GST) may be charged where multiple attendances, telephone calls, letters, facsimiles and/or emails are required to make a reservation. Alteration fees may be applied as per service fee above.
- Items not included in the price of your holiday: airfares and associated taxes not detailed in the itinerary; passport, visa and other governmental fees; insurance; room service, telephone calls, laundry and other hotel charges not detailed in the itinerary; meals and beverages not detailed in the itinerary, gratuities; excess baggage charges; vehicle excess reduction, kilometre rate if not included in the cost of vehicle hire and refuelling costs; any costs, expenses or losses incurred in the event of your illness or injury; any costs expenses or losses arising from your being refused access to or being removed from any location; and any other costs, expense or loss of whatever nature not specifically included in your itinerary. SI Holidays does not accept responsibility for any cost, expense or loss incurred in relation to such matters and you agree not to hold SI Holidays so responsible.
- Passport Names: It is your responsibility to ensure all names being used to make a booking with SI Holidays are exactly the same as those appearing in the relevant passport. Any name/initial or spelling changes will incur a $150 fee (exclusive of GST) per change.
- Insurance: SI Holidays recommends that you have adequate coverage for the entire travel time from/to your home port and it should cover cancellation charges, baggage loss, medical expenses and theft. SI Holidays does not own or operate an insurer and you agree not to hold us responsible for any decision made by the insurers.
- Visas and Health Requirements: It is your responsibility to find out about applicable visa, passport, customs, quarantine, health, immigration and other requirements of countries you are intending to visit or pass through. SI Holidays accepts no responsibility for these matters or refusal of entry into the country/countries of your destination and you agree not to hold SI Holidays so responsible.
- Credit Card Required: To secure payment for items not included in the price of your holiday, certain service providers, including such as airlines, cruise lines, hotels, sightseeing, transfer, vehicle hire services and the like may require validation of a current credit card. SI Holidays does not accept responsibility for any consequence of this practice, and you agree not to hold SI Holidays responsible for such consequences.
- Reward Programs/Frequent Flyer Points: Airfares forming part of any booking may or may not attract reward programs/frequent flyer points. It is your responsibility to check whether any airfares do or do not include reward programs/frequent flyer points. Reward programs/frequent flyer points are not within the control of SI Holidays and you agree not to hold SI Holidays responsible for such matters.
- Disclosure of Personal Information: The Company may be requested to disclose your condition of health or other personal information to a supplier of services connected with your holiday. You authorise the Company and/or its servants and agents to make such disclosure on your behalf and agree that such disclosure shall not constitute a breach of confidence or duty and that you will not hold us liable for such disclosure, whether pursuant to the Privacy Act 1986, in tort, in contract or under any equal opportunity or other legislation.
- Entire Agreement: These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Solomon Island Holidays, and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, there will be no variation of or addition to the terms unless agreed by us in writing. Please note that no supplier, travel agent or their employees or agents are authorised to make any warranty or representation on our behalf.
- Severability: To the fullest extent possible any part hereof being a whole or part of clause shall be capable of severance
- Limitation of Liability: To the fullest extent permitted by Law, SI Holidays excludes all liability for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to loss or damage to property of whatsoever nature, physical and psychological injury, economic loss, disappointment or inconvenience) that may arise in any way (including but not limited to breach of contract, breach of statutory duty or negligence) in connection with the offer or supply of goods and services through or by SI Holidays or by any third parties. Should the law impose an obligation upon SI Holidays which may not be excluded, then to the fullest extent permissible by law, SI Holidays’ liability is limited, at the discretion of SI Holidays, to a maximum of a refund of monies paid by you to SI Holidays or the re-supplying of the relevant goods or services, whichever is the lesser. Without limiting the generality of the above, SI Holidays does not accept responsibility or liability, and you will not seek to hold SI Holidays responsible or liable, for any acts, omissions or defaults of service providers such as airlines, hotels, sightseeing, transfer, vehicle car hire services, or cruise lines and the like, whether negligent or otherwise, or for your acts, omissions, defaults, conduct, state of health, conditions or other circumstance or for any events beyond SI Holidays’ control.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction: These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the state of Queensland, Australia and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Queensland and Courts of Appeal from those Courts and waive any right they may have to claim that those Courts are an inconvenient forum.